Did you all enjoy the recent spell of warm weather – what about your employees?
You may not realise it but whilst there is a minimum temperature required for the workplace there are actually no parameters available regarding an upper limit!
Now I know that we don’t exactly have too many days sunshine in a year, never mind days when the temperature actually reaches double figures, but on those few occasions that it does it could have a negative impact on your staff. A working environment that is too warm could mean that staff under-perform as they start to overheat and if left unchecked they could ultimately suffer from heat stress.
So how do you keep your employees cool during those warm spells?
- Install or rent air conditioning units
- Open windows to let air circulate
- Close blinds to provide shade
- Prevent dehydration by installing Water Coolers
- Use free standing fans to circulate the air
- If all else fails why not have ‘Lollipop’ breaks
Why not have a look at the Health & Safety Executive website where you can get information on ‘What the Law says’ regarding temperatures in the workplace